Community Foundation of Northern Nevada
Nevada Women’s Fund is dedicated to strengthening our community by empowering women to improve their lives and those of their families. We identify critical social needs and address those needs through educational initiatives and community grant funding.
This is what you can make happen with a gift of $1,000 to $10,000
• Fund Nevada Women’s Fund’s annual Mother’s Day appeal.
A grant of $2,500 will…
• Fund scholarship application outreach in rural Northern Nevada communities.
A grant of $5,000 will…
• Fund two donor directed $2,500 academic scholarship for a Northern Nevada woman educating in Northern Nevada.
A grant of $10,000 will…
• Fund an endowment with Northern Nevada Women’s Fund ensuring donor directed academic scholarships in perpetuity.
The Amanda Fischer Endowed Scholarship, funded by Renown Health, will award academic scholarships in Amana’s name in perpetuity.
Our current funding priorities are:
- To ensure our minimum scholarship funding does not fall below $2,000.
- To increase the amount of scholarships dollars awarded by 10% annually.
- To increase awareness and diversity through expanded outreach efforts.
Please contact Ila Achtabowski to talk with us about these exciting grant opportunities at 775.786.2335, or email at [email protected]
To make a grant from your Community Foundation Donor Advised Fund, please contact a member of the Community Foundation of Northern Nevada Stewardship Team at 775.333.5499.